The Student Ministry at Chapel Hill United Methodist Church exists to create lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ. We believe that our leaders are not only ministering to our students, but with them as well. All students in the 6th through 12th grades are invited to join us in growing their relationship with God and others.
For questions or more information, please email Brandi Morse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To help students maintain or create a deep, personal, and spiritual relationship with God and to continue growing in their faith journey, no matter how shallow or deep their relationship with God is currently.
- To provide a physically and emotionally safe environment for students to learn more about Christ and engage in Christian fellowship with others.
- To teach youth the process and the importance of sharing their faith with others.
- To provide visiting and returning youth with meaningful, Christ-centered friendships.
- To provide scheduled mission-based activities that allow youth to put their faith into action by being servants of Christ.
- To maintain a high-energy, fun environment that youth enjoy.
Come join us for fun, fellowship, and food! UMYF (United Methodist Youth Fellowship) takes place on Sunday nights from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Our lessons are based on Practical Theology- letting your light shine and applying the teachings of Christ to your everyday life. Our current unit is called “Sharing the Good News as Jesus Did” and focuses on sharing the love of Christ through our words and actions.
5:00-5:45 Dinner (provided by volunteers from the congregation)
6:45-7:30 Games and Free Time!
Every Sunday morning, Sunday School takes place from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. in the Youth Room. While UMYF is more action-based, Sunday School is more knowledge-based. Our Sunday School lessons allow students to gain Biblical knowledge while learning to interpret Biblical lessons in a way that applies to them today. The youth recently finished learning about the Old Testament, and are currently learning about the stories and life of Jesus as told in the four Gospels.
After two very successful Mission Trips with UMARMY this past summer, we are definitely planning to go on another trip in 2017. Stay tuned for more information!
Kids in a Box is coming up soon! Join us on September 24th to ...
Hello all! As you may know, 3 of our high school girls (along ...
We are proud to announce that our Mission Trips this Summer will ...