The Student Ministry at Chapel Hill United Methodist Church exists to create lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ. All students in the 6th through 12th grades are invited to join us in growing their relationship with God and others.
For questions or more information, please email Adam Lubbers at email@example.com.
- To help students create a deep, personal, and spiritual relationship with God which they will continue to maintain, no matter how shallow or deep their relationship with God is currently.
- To provide a physically and emotionally safe environment for students to learn more about Christ and create meaningful friendship.
- To teach students the process and the importance of sharing their faith with others.
- To provide an understanding of the Christian faith.
- To provide scheduled mission-based activities that allow students to put their faith into action by being servants of Christ.
- To maintain a high-energy, fun environment that students enjoy.
Come join us for dinner, games, and a lesson! Youth group takes place on Sunday nights from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Lessons will help the youth understand the Bible, theology, God, and themselves, so that they will be faithful and loving disciples of Christ for their entire lives. Furthermore, students will learn to love God and human beings through a variety of lessons, activities, and examples.
5:00-5:45 Dinner (provided by volunteers from the congregation)
5:45-6:45 Games and Free Time!
Every Sunday morning, Sunday School takes place from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. in the Youth Room. Our Sunday School lessons allow students to gain Biblical knowledge while learning to interpret Biblical lessons in a way that applies to them today.
October 27th-the Youth is hosting a movie night at 7pm in the church’s fellowship hall as a fundraiser for future youth events. We will watch the movie Joshua (2005), enjoy movie snacks and drinks, and will have a brief discussion about the film.
November 17th-Kids in a Box. This is a youth group tradition, where students learn about homelessness through an immersion experience. We will be decorating boxes and spending the night in them outside. This will in collaboration with Covenant House’s much larger event: Sleep Out America, an organization dedicated to eradicating youth homelessness. You can donate here: app.sleepoutamerica.org/team/chapelhillumc