Chapel Hill United Methodist Church!
Welcome to Chapel Hill UMC. We are so glad you are here! This is a warm, welcoming, friendly church that seeks to do good work in our Community. We invite you to get to know us and work alongside us!
What We Believe
CHUMC is a member of the United Methodist Church for Farmers Branch United Methodist. We hope to welcome you into community here with us as we strive to make disciples for the transformation of the world.
Our mission is to glorify God as Lord by reaching out and making disciples for Jesus Christ.
Guided by Christ-centered confidence, passion and dedication, we pray for the Holy Spirit to so ignite us that together we will surpass even our own dreams. With faithfulness we will recognize and use our many spiritual gifts. With enthusiasm we will grow physically and spiritually. With love we will expand our outreach. With diligence we will broaden our mission ministry. With excitement and joy we will teach God’s word.
With humility and integrity, we…
- Submit ourselves and all our actions to God’s will.
- Emphasize God’s unconditional love, acceptance and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
- Minister to a diverse community so that all can come to know Christ and develop a close relationship with God.
- Promote spiritual growth through in depth Bible study and small group ministries that encourage believers to discover and exercise their spiritual gifts.
- Provide a place for people to put their faith into action through prayer, worship and Christ-centered service.
- Develop and nurture meaningful Christian relationships by emphasizing fellowship as a means for reaching out to our community.
- Encourage unity, mutual respect and cooperation by obeying Christ’s commandment to love our neighbor as ourselves.
Our Social Creed
We believe in God, Creator of the world; and in Jesus Christ, the Redeemer of creation. We believe in the Holy Spirit, through whom we acknowledge God’s gifts, and we repent of our sin in misusing these gifts to idolatrous ends.
We affirm the natural world as God’s handiwork and dedicate ourselves to its preservation, enhancement, and faithful use by humankind.
We joyfully receive for ourselves and others the blessings of community, sexuality, marriage, and the family.
We commit ourselves to the rights of men, women, children, youth, young adults, the aging, and people with disabilities; to improvement of the quality of life; and to the rights and dignity of all persons.
We believe in the right and duty of persons to work for the glory of God and the good of themselves and others and in the protection of their welfare in so doing; in the rights to property as a trust from God, collective bargaining, and responsible consumption; and in the elimination of economic and social distress.
We dedicate ourselves to peace throughout the world, to the rule of justice and law among nations, and to individual freedom for all people of the world.
We believe in the present and final triumph of God’s Word in human affairs and gladly accept our commission to manifest the life of the gospel in the world. Amen.
Are you needing a Sanctuary for a Wedding?
Check our page: Wedding Ceremonies at Chapel Hill UMC to learn about how to make that happen!
Do you have any questions about our church? Visit our FAQs page for some answers to YOUR questions!